Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Who am I?

Who am I? A question we all frequently think about, but rarely admit that we don't know. In a way, it has a very direct link to how you think about your future. If you don't know who you are, you won't have any ideas at what your future may look like. To find oneself is something everyone strives for, but many become more lost than when they started. The problem is, we all change constantly. There are always things coming in, and going out, which makes it difficult to pin down what we are. God knows us better than we know ourselves, and sometimes all it takes is the thought to actually ask Him. I personally struggled with this for a long time. What helped me was finding the gifts and passions God gave me, and learning about my true identity. Learning about my identity in Christ is something that really pushed me forward and helped me to find out more about myself, about Him, and about things around me.
    The bible has a lot to teach us about our identities, but so does God. Pray, ask Him about who you are and who you're meant to be, who He wants you to be. Read the bible and ask Him about what it is you're reading and how it relates to you. You just may get some answers that you never expected.

I've spent a lot of time recently trying to figure out who I am. I've got some answers now, but it wasn't easy to take in. Sometimes accepting the answers can be the hardest part. But don't give up.

~SoR

No comments:

Post a Comment